.
i have never met such children. as these.,
each of them have felt more hurt than i could ever grasp.. .
yet,
here they are
swinging from trees,
painting with color, & dancing.
[such beauty].
thankyou
jesus.
.
i see;
makeshift homes,
greenmangos,
murky water,
tire jumping boys,
wild turkeys,
sunsets.
.love
brightpatterned cloth on clotheslines.,
smiles.
stars.[oh, such stars!]
tea.
here is what i read the other day which puts into words all that i'm feeling:
"these beautiful, laughing, running kids, were certainly not miserable. They were vibrant with life. Still, knowing what I did, I wanted to find some way to protect them: from their pasts, which I could scarcely imagine when looking at their quick smiles, & from their futures, which were so precarious. I wanted to give them more than I possibly could."
[darfur diaries, p33].
.all things go,
sy
Friday, September 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment